Five Duchies of Nerath
A collection of allied city-states that control most of the coast of the Turathan peninsula as well as a sizeable portion of the land to the north and west. The Duchies were formed when rebel politicians and resistance leaders formed an alliance that drove the Tiefling overlords of Bael Turath westward into the Glittering Sands desert and out of civilized lands. This alliance was the basis for the formation of the empire of Nerath that would become the governing body that oversaw life on the Turath penninsula. Over time, the centralized leadership of Nerath lost more and more power until the heads of the ruling families officially dissolved the centralized government in favor of trade agreements with the other city-states. The Dukes are heads of their individual city-states, each of which passes trade and military assistance to the others.The Dukes are:
- Duke Ruel Florent, Lord of the merchant-fleets of Sirnos
- Duke Karnaz-Es-Arn, Clanfather of the Dwarfholds in Mount Crownspire
- Duchess Sh’mar Zhakh Rahz, Clanmother of the Dwarfholds in Westgate
- Duke Nashir Aulda, Chief of the Nerathan Horselord tribes
- Duke Terriel Neef, Lord of Southreach bay.